Sunday, January 30, 2011

You had me at 'Hello'...

Hello, Hello, Hello....

I am Elisa.. fun loving mother, wife, business owner, and Christian. I wanted to start this blog to share my thoughts and life with all of you. I always have a lot on my mind and nowhere to put it. I used to keep a diary (not a journal, but a diary... I'm so young at heart) but I think this form of a creative and emotional outlet will be more interactive and fun! So... what have I been doing all my life you ask.. Well here is a brief synopsis..

I met my wonderful husband the summer of my sophomore year of college. Picture this.. Summer.. 2003... A dorm room.. a phone rings. I answer.... long story short we started dating (after much chasing on his part) and we were wed August 18 2007. I became preggers with our first child in Jan of 2009 and we started house searching in Feb of the same year. In March of 2009 my hubby was diagnosed with end stage renal failure. He was put on dialysis immediately. It all happened so very fast. There were surgeries, and tears, and more surgeries and more tears but our faith in Jesus kept us going and he kept us strong. Enter Braylen Eric Sept 12, 2009. The apple of his parents eyes. October 2009 Pearl Essence Event Decorating was born. My business partner/ homie for life decided to take our love for decorating and saving money to the bridal nation. We kicked it into high gear and landed our first big event!





Now its 2010... all looks good on the home front. Dialysis is steady and baby is healthy. Justin aka Hubby is hospitalized for blood clots that traveled from his legs to his lungs. Thanks be to God he survived and surgery was not needed. This was a true faith tester. The question of "Why?" kept coming. Why would God allow this to happen on top of the dialysis. God is sovereign and we had faith that his will be done.
August 2010 marked the Grand Opening of Pearl Essence Event Decorating. Primer event decor showroom of the area! I quit my corporate job and began being my own boss. Well almost my own boss, my business partner Jen can be very bossy at times lol.



So to make a super long story short... I wanted to get tested to see if I could be a kidney donor for Justin (hubby). I got tested in October 2010 and by the graces of God..... I AM! When God moves... HE MOVES! How amazing is this.... and now here we are Jan 2011.

I really want this blog to be uplifting and honest. I want to share the ups and downs of being a mom, business owner, and having a husband with an illness. It's all a balancing act.

I hope you all enjoy and will raise a glass with me..... Let's cheer to life!

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT and I LOVE YOU! Good job, Elisa. I'm so proud of you and all of your accomplishments. Give the Malone boys a hug for me. XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elisa, this was breathtaking! I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments. You have most certainly grew in an aboslutely beautiful way. Now I get to brag :) I most certainly have to.call you and get some advice on how to balance this roller coaster ride we call life ;) fb me your #

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great blog. I am glad that you are moving towards God's will with this one....you know what His ultimate goal is for your writing. Although I already know your life story, it's great to be reminded about God's grace. I pray that you continue to allow the Holy Spirit to guide your writings so that you can be a blessing to all. Love ya much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is great. I cried and laughed...GOD is def with you and your family. I pray God's peace and blessing over all of you. I am very proud of the woman that you have become. We started college together and no matter ehere life takes us..we ARE friends for LIFE! Do great and let hime guide you! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it was very courageous of you to share the intimate details of your life with everyone. Like you said in the other post it's easy to share all of lifes great moments with the world. When it comes to lifes trials most people shut down. It's not easy to admit that we don't have all the answers. It's also easy to share our testimony of how God brought us through a trial after it's passed. The true testimony of faith is when we can testify of God's goodness, grace and mercy when life isn't all rainbows and sunshine.
    Reading your blog has really blessed me and reminded me to be thankful for some of the things we take for granted. Thank you so much and please keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete