Thursday, September 1, 2011

30 Day Communication Challenge

2011: The age of communication. There's texting, e-mail, youtube, blogging, facebook, phone, skype, and a million other ways that I am not aware of where you can talk to someone else. So why is it so hard for me to keep in touch with my homies. I love them dearly and I think about them all the time. I pray for them and their well being. I stalk them on facebook. But I hardly ever call, e-mail, text, etc. Why? Why is it so hard for me to communicate effectively? I used to blame them. Wondering why they never contacted me. Nuts right? I mean my fingers aren't broke. My phone has a dial tone. Now mater how many times I say that I'm going to make an effort, I never do. Then I complain about how lonely I am. Or I over analyze every detail of the last convo I had with someone to try to get tips as to why they are not calling me when in reality all I had to do was call them.
You know what made me realize my lack of communication skills??? The fact that I wasn't invited to my 10 year high school reunion. I was really down about it. Like why wouldn't one of my FB friends give me a wall post telling me about it. Well why would they. I cut them all off sometime during college. At the time the reasons seem legit, but who did I really hurt?

I've made a lot of mistakes in my life when it has come to friendships. Not forgiving, not accepting, hurting people that I would never EVER want to hurt.... and I would like to think that at the age of 28 I have it all together. But I still have some growing to do.

All of that being said.. Here is my COMMUNICATION CHALLENGE (not the most creative name, but at least it's to the point right?)
Every day for the next 30 Days I will text or call at least one person in my phone. That's 30 people that I should contact to say "HI, how's life?" to,

Will you take my challenge?
Cheers to you saying yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment